VIEW NEXT—DESIGN IT! >
So you’ve decided to move. The housing market is full of options to satisfy every need from renting, to buying a pre-existing home, to building a brand new one. So how do you know if a factory-built home by Welcome Back Homes is a good match? It’s important to weigh the options so here are a few valuable reasons to consider us:
Buy (vs Rent)
Consistent Payments – Fixed rate mortgages don’t increase but rent does
- Return On Investment – Market value increases can offset depreciation
- Build Equity – Pay off your mortgage instead of your landlord’s
- Investment Leverage – You can borrow against your home’s value
- It’s Yours – Home ownership is the ultimate provision for your family
- Make Changes – No permission needed to paint walls or make changes
- Stability – Put down family roots and feel connected to your community
New (vs Used)
- Current Trends – No dated finishes, tight spaces or small windows
- Modern Conveniences – Enjoy built-in features, better storage and more
- Designed For You – It matches your family’s interests; not someone else’s
- Built-To-Code – Reflective of today’s climate and safety improvements
- More Energy Efficient – Eliminate drafts/better sealing methods everywhere
- Lower Heating Bills – New, energy efficient materials save energy all year
- No Repairs Needed – No hard work before you move in.. or after!
- Less Maintenance – Stronger finishes and trims that never need painting
- Full Warranty – If something goes wrong… we make it right!
Factory-Built (vs Stick-Built)
Guaranteed Pricing – We’ll hold your price even if materials increase
No Inflated Costs – Site allowances can add 10-15% to overall price
Preferred Lending Rate – Banks like our completion milestones
Greater Value – Our Exceptional Standards are often sold as upgrades
No Costly Errors – We have several peer reviews and checkpoints
Streamlined Construction – We’re continually fine-tuning our process
Multiple Install Options – Save on site work even with tight/remote lots
Do Some Yourself – Our DIY Homes save money/be more hands-on
Model Home Program – Fast path with pre-designed/approved plans
One-Stop Shopping – Avoid multiple stops; we handle most everything
Color Selection Meeting – Choose all your finishes at the same time
Exclusive Design Palettes – Past builds loaded with ideas and latest trends
Standardized Process – Repetition improves speed, consistency and accuracy
Consistent Material Supply – Just-in-time deliveries ensure no down-time
No Weather Delays – Our homes are built entirely indoors
No Labour Shortages – Our work force builds all year long
Shorter Build Time – The house is built while site work is being completed
Land/Home Packages – Our retail network can help with your land search
Fabulous Floor Plans – 100’s of tried and tested plans… just ask!
Amazing Options – Craftsman, Contemporary or Colonial, we’ve got it!
Design Flexibility – Our in-house draftsmen are ready to customize
Upfront Decision-Making – Avoid endless interruptions or using vacation
Predictable Timelines – Your home is scheduled shortly after sign-off
Full Site Management – Our Retailers schedule/manage remaining trades
Completely Turnkey – We do everything; just move in!
Itemized Quote – Everything is in writing, (not an evolving sq/ft estimate)
Reputable Brands – We form partnerships; not just what’s downtown
Skilled Team – Our factory/site teams have tremendous experience
Better Build-Strength – Our homes are made to withstand transportation
Quality Controls – Our everyday includes quality inspections and checklists
Less Environmental Impact – We watch for ways to reduce/reuse
No Weather Damage – Avoid wet subfloors; it’s water-tight in one day
Less Theft/Vandalism – Few materials are needed before the home arrives
Dependable After-Sales Support – Peace of mind for the unexpected
How To Get Started
It’s never too soon to start… but where? Here are some important things to tackle early-on:
- Is It The Right Time? – A list of pros/cons can identify what you value most and then consider which ones are time-sensitive (ie after graduation, when we retire or an urgent need).
- Have A Home To Sell? – The close date of your current home can usually be deferred until your new home is ready so having a realtor determine its value, doing necessary repairs and getting it on the market will avoid delays down the road.
- Need Land? – Finding the right location with the right features can take time. If you don’t have a realtor working on it for you or a piece of land already in mind, we can help!
- Need Financing? – A pre-approval confirms you’ll be able to obtain financing and how much you can spend so you can focus on homes and features that fit your price range.